There are many type of characteristics to be considered as follow :
If you are interested in Specific Brand, the following diagrams might help :
- Type of Speed Change
- Single Speed
- Creep Speed or Double Speed
- Variable Speed
- Duty Cycle & Numbers of Starting per Hours
- Physical Characteristics
- Suspended type This type is fixed at the ceiling and used only for lifting and lowering cargo.
- Frame Mounted type This itype is fixed on the pedestal and used only for lifting and lowering cargo. Usually it is used for the same application as suspended type as well as the substitution for a winch.
- Monorail type Motor operated traversing hoist. This hoist travels in parallel to the traverse rail by motor driven trolley. This type is most widely used.
- Low-headroom type Motor operated traversing hoist. When it performs hoisting to the upper limit, the distance between the bottom surface of the rail and the center of the hook becomes very short compared with Monorail type. It's very useful for using in the place with a small height of ceiling.
- Double Rail type Motor operated traversing hoist. This hoist travels on the 2-rail of the hoist type overhead crane in the traverse direction. Since its stability is extremely high, in particular, this type is often used for a large capacity hoist.
- Industrial Standard
- JIS standard (Japanese Industrial Standards)
- DIN standard (German Institute for Standardization)